I’m writing this in a cab ride, on my way home, after a late night at work. In the last two months, I’ve been so busy, school and work have kept me away from my outlet for far too long. I’ve missed creating stories on my page, like I’ve miss my mother’s fruit cakes with hard icing! Wait… Xmas is around the corner!! I’ve missed listening to the fashion dilemmas others get themselves into, and sharing my own twisted, draping ways to get them out of it. I’ve missed helping others look like a spent the rent money on an outfit when it cost no more than dinner at Daniel’s restaurant; after a Groupon! Last, but not least, I’ve missed my man craze outlet disguised as weekly themed-posts for men. Ohh how I’ve missed searching high and low for broad, well-dressed backs, let me frame the ways.
Maybe it’s the return of 90′s minimalism, but these days it seems like the word on the street is all about getting back to the basics. Investing in the classics, returning to classically understated style and timeless beauty. Of course we all have to update this notion of “classic” to fit into our world today, which is why identifying what that means is a never-ending conversation. This week’s links will give you some inspiration to that “classic” look that’s just right for you.
Last year, “selfie” was word of the year. As bloggers we’re all wrapped up in our online personas, it’s non-stop being on social media and creating content, all the while being fabulous. Does this take a toll on bloggers and fashionistas alike? Maybe… This week we have a lot of both sides of the coin in terms of fashion, style, and living online.
Links à la Mode: April 24
- Adorned in Armor: Queen of Coachella
- Al Balsam Life: Style Tips Learned From Victoria Beckham
- Barely Practical: Save Our Shoes: Water Damage
- Cat Eye & Skinny Jeans: Fashion Folio Edgy Romance
- Curvy Elle: DIY Plus Size Denim Cutoffs
- Happy Pretty Sweet: Blogging Slump
- Henvia: Androgyny
- Juliet’s Lace: How to Get Marilyn Inspired Style
- Lara Lizard: When Fashion Turns Into a Monster
- Oh to Be a Muse: What Your Nail Polish Says About You
- On Duty Style Guide: Why Social Media & Creativity Don’t Mix
- Petite Career Girl: A Riot of Jewelry Organization
- Romeo Style: Fashion’s Winter to Spring Swap
- Save. Spend. Splurge: How to Get a Parisian Fashion Wardrobe
- Searching for Style: Saint Laurent vs. Topshop
- Style By Alina: Bombshell Makeup Tutorial
- Style Context: Q&A Fashion Blogging
- Style Vanity: Selfie Mental Disorder?
- Trend Survivor: The Tricky Metallic Trend and How to Wear It
- We Are Ready Made: Swinging Saint Laurent
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
I never imagined the day would come that Jane Fonda would frighten the heck out of me while offering presents, but this short film featuring the feminist’s voice made it sound haunting to accept gifts of Prada. Continue reading “Watchful Wednesday: “The Future of Flesh” for Prada” »