I never imagined the day would come that Jane Fonda would frighten the heck out of me while offering presents, but this short film featuring the feminist’s voice made it sound haunting to accept gifts of Prada. Continue reading “Watchful Wednesday: “The Future of Flesh” for Prada” »
Born to be Styled
You know how it is, every season there’s something new to get into… new trends, new styles, keeping up appearances. As I get older, I notice how some things come cycle in and out, and how some things stay with us season after season. That biker jacket, that classic black and white ensemble, that perfect suit. It’s just a matter of finding that thing that resonates with you and your life year after year. We all have our fleeting musings, but what really strikes our fancy time after time? That’s what I call style.
Links à la Mode: March 27th
- A Tale of Two Shoes: Illustration of Ulyana Sergeenko Spring Couture
- Attire Club: Free Time Hobbies for Men
- Daria Burkova: 10 Spring Trends From Milan 2014
- DressCode:HighFashion: The 10 Coolest Biker Jackets SS 14
- Flower City Fashionista: Hi, I like Shoes A Lot
- Hunting in Heels: The Perfect Bikini from Zimmerman’s Summer 2014 Campaign
- Lara Lizard: How to Gain a lot of Followers on Twitter
- Love, Lace & Glitter: How to Find Your Blogger Voice
- Mama In Heels: Being Fabulous is Having a Signature Style
- ModaVracha: How to Pronounce Designer Names
- Ms. Fabulous: Debut of Affordable Couture for Prosthetic Limb
- Oxford Student: Fashion and Mental Health: The One Trend No One Mentions
- Romeo Style: Monday Men Style: Blue Man Crew
- Sannam and Style: Four Ways to Wear Black and White
- Style by Alina: 4 Ways to Style a Strapless Dress
- Style Convict: Leather in The Spring?
- The Loudmouth: 10 Blogging Tips for Busy Women
- The Heart’s Delight: Oui, Oui, Paris! What to Pack for Paris
- Wild Beauty World: Is Your Makeup Killing You? Decoding Cosmetic Scare Stories
- What to Wear Where: Lovely Leather Spring Jackets
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
Today is officially the last day of winter, and I am not jumping for joy. We all know winter is still slapping our faces with its chilly ways, and will fight to the bitter end. Waiting this one out isn’t going to work, therefore let’s watch a few fashion films that will offer some springtime incentives. Anything to get us out of our winter funk sooner than…. how many more weeks to go?
Stepping Up the Style
The thing that keeps fashion interesting is that it’s a never-ending project. But that doesn’t mean we don’t like to strive for perfection anyway. Whether it be following your favorite fashion icons, saying no to the trends, or breaking cliches, style can always be stepped up even when we simplify our wardrobes. This week we have a solid round up of style related posts, so be sure to check them all out!
Links à la Mode: January 23rd
- Al Balsam Life: Dress For Business: Spring 2014 Mens’ Edition
- April to August: Review: Zara Pointed Ankle Strap Flats
- Burgundy Whispers: Winter Essentials
- Corinne Monique: The Life of a Legend and Death of a Diva
- Elegance Hunter: How to Succeed at PFW
- Fashioned by Love: 5 Dresses Every Woman Should Own: It’s a Wrap
- Flower City Fashionista: What Not To Wear, Even When People Tell You You Should
- Frantic but Fabulous: How to Steal Outfit Ideas from Your Favorite Magazines
- Free Ur Closet: Eco Love: Fashion and Beauty
- Hunting in Heels: Hardcore Metal: 5 Metallic Shoe Picks
- Lara Lizard: I’m a better blogger because I’m prettier
- My Fashion S/ash Life: Short Afro Heroes
- Rhinestone Religion: 5 Winter Skin Lifesavers
- Romeo Style: Monday Men Style: Shoulder Slingers
- Style Bizarre: Get the Style of Omahyra Mota
- Sweet on Style: DIY Headbands
- The Stylish Butterfly: Black and Gold Artsy Nails You Can’t Wait to Try
- The Undercover Princess: Breaking the Prom Cliches
- V is for Violet: Fashion Design and Merchandizing Professions
- We Are Ready Made: Sex is Around The Corner
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
For the love of fashion, we will take full advantage of different seasons each year, and the new fashion pieces we have to acquire.
With at least four major weather seasons around the world, and seven in the fashion world (new inductees are resort, pre-fall and pre-spring,) we have more than enough reasons to get that giddy happy feeling when new garments and accessories touch our bodies. Continue reading “Warby Parker Makes Things Clearer in Winter.” »
Stoned Dreams are made of these beauties.
Which woman in her right be-jeweled mind would dare disagree? Continue reading “Wrapped In Lionette’s Stones.” »
This belted public service announcement is one that focuses on the waist of my fellow fashion sisters, and fellas it may help to answer why some of your belts have gone missing.
As of late, many retail shops are selling us a bigger variety of belts than we know what to do with, yet the selection these shops have to offer cannot compare to sturdy and simply cool buckled-numbers hanging in the men’s section. Less is more, when you want a long tan, or black leather belt that isn’t too thin or too wide.
Depending on the woman or women in your life, may just be the secret belt
thieves borrowers that just never returns what doesn’t belong to them. Don’t go asking for your belt(s) back because we’ll find someway to may you feel guilty about asking us to return your property. 10 lashes
Then you have those women who buys their own belts from the men’s department like the bosses they are. It wouldn’t be wise to go borrowing from her without asking. Again, the invading of her personal space, blah blah blah, and the same accessory in question will be used against you. 20 lashes or until her arm gets tired.
For being so wise and understanding, know this gentlemen, your belts are something else we’re found hanging in the closets that have caught our eyes and there is nothing you can or should do about it.
I’ve been busy working with my partners setting up a business that I cannot wait to share with you’ll next month, but since we have a deadline to meet, it’s crunch time and we’re using our supernatural powers to get things rolling in time for our launch date!
Ohh the superwomen we can be when we there is something to accomplish! Continue reading “Woman Of Steel Fashion Position: I Accept!” »
From studying literature, and law to becoming a journalist, and now Vogue China Editor-in-Chief, Ms. Angelica Cheung is operating one of the biggest Vogue editions in the world since it’s launch in 2005. She is an editor that focuses on the future of the Chinese designers who are struggling to make their mark among the top designers in the world. Cheung is also setting out to teach consumers who read Vogue China, that buying fashion just because of the high-end names is not truly expressing one’s character through clothes. A role model beyond the fashion boarders, Ms. Cheung you are on my list of ones to admire, and hopefully work with in the future!
I’ve been searching for another pixelated series of photos like the 8-bit illustrations project I shared about two years ago. Jherin Miller, a graphic designer and creator of “Where the sun sleeps,” combined 80′s graphics and old-fashion photography to create these cool photographs. Thank you Miller for making these Polaroids looks as though they needed a couple more shakes.
If you could walk on rose petals or pearls which one would you chose? Rose petals are much easier for royalty to show their regal strut, but if walking on pearls made that walk much more majestic, imperial, you’ll happily keep those petals on the stems, and glide in on some pearly soles. Continue reading “McQueen Said Pearls Are A Girl’s Best Friend.” »
The battle for front row seating at fashion show, is it really worth it? I’ve sat in the front row at several fashion shows, and instead of me luxuriating in my prime fashion week real estate, I was to worried about not sitting like a proper lady or reaching out to touch the clothes on the runway while the model was doing her job. Yes I would be the one to not stay seated until the very end of the show.
So I’ve swapped one form of front row seating for another.
Live-streaming gives all of us the good seats at the fashion week shows and once one show is over, we can sit in the comfort of our homes, offices, coffee shops, etc and wait happily for other fashion week presentations to stream on whatever device we have handy at the time.
So enjoy the shows I’ve listed below, just click on the designer’s name to see what they will be dressing us in for the next cold and snowy season this city will see.
9AM NICHOLAS K
11AM RICHARD CHAI LOVE
1PM KIMBERLY OVITZ
1PM DUCKIE BROWN
2PM TADASHI SHOJI
5PM SERGIO DAVILA
5PM CONCEPT KOREA
7PM KENNETH COLE
CHECK BACK TOMORROW FOR MORE DESIGNERS AND THEIR SCHEDULED LIVE-STREAMING PRESENTATIONS.