Tim Walker and W Magazine have joined forces to trap some famous faces in one of his fantasies yet again. Thirty-seven of the biggest movie stars today stepped out of their celebrated roles and into the Walker’s world inspired by the “free-love” vibes of the seventies plus paintings and photographs from David Hockney.
The fashion magic that a high-end designer brand, and a nod to blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe can do to help Rita Ora get into the Celebrity Style-Watch Academy by the skin of her matching bleached teeth and hair.
Last year, “selfie” was word of the year. As bloggers we’re all wrapped up in our online personas, it’s non-stop being on social media and creating content, all the while being fabulous. Does this take a toll on bloggers and fashionistas alike? Maybe… This week we have a lot of both sides of the coin in terms of fashion, style, and living online.
Links à la Mode: April 24
- Adorned in Armor: Queen of Coachella
- Al Balsam Life: Style Tips Learned From Victoria Beckham
- Barely Practical: Save Our Shoes: Water Damage
- Cat Eye & Skinny Jeans: Fashion Folio Edgy Romance
- Curvy Elle: DIY Plus Size Denim Cutoffs
- Happy Pretty Sweet: Blogging Slump
- Henvia: Androgyny
- Juliet’s Lace: How to Get Marilyn Inspired Style
- Lara Lizard: When Fashion Turns Into a Monster
- Oh to Be a Muse: What Your Nail Polish Says About You
- On Duty Style Guide: Why Social Media & Creativity Don’t Mix
- Petite Career Girl: A Riot of Jewelry Organization
- Romeo Style: Fashion’s Winter to Spring Swap
- Save. Spend. Splurge: How to Get a Parisian Fashion Wardrobe
- Searching for Style: Saint Laurent vs. Topshop
- Style By Alina: Bombshell Makeup Tutorial
- Style Context: Q&A Fashion Blogging
- Style Vanity: Selfie Mental Disorder?
- Trend Survivor: The Tricky Metallic Trend and How to Wear It
- We Are Ready Made: Swinging Saint Laurent
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
I never imagined the day would come that Jane Fonda would frighten the heck out of me while offering presents, but this short film featuring the feminist’s voice made it sound haunting to accept gifts of Prada. Continue reading “Watchful Wednesday: “The Future of Flesh” for Prada” »